Sunday, September 16, 2012

iPhone 5

I've thought a lot this weekend about the subject for my final project.  I have always been a huge Apple fan.  Initially I was going to go with just Apple in general.  However, as the hype has only began to grow concerning the new iPhone 5, I decided that I would narrow my scope and focus only on that single product.  After watching the success of the pre-order when a predicted 2 million phones sold out within hours, I knew this would be a fun and interesting topic to work on throughout the rest of the semester.

An interesting site that I have always admired with respect to Apple products is iMore.com.  Specifically for this project I will base my findings out of http://www.imore.com/iphone.  From this site, there are a multitude of relationships that link to iPhone 5 related material.  Specific relationships include an iPhone 5 Buyers Guide, Users Guide, comparisons, advertisements, drawings, accessories, and much more.

The option of linking to all these related sites proved to be very helpful.  In browsing, I was able to learn a lot more about the iPhone 5 as I was linked through the different pages.  The pages that were linked to the initial site only helped to further describe and explain my chosen product.  iMore does a great job of providing all this information and having links to other valuable pages that elaborate more.

This is a beautifully designed site that is very easy to navigate.  The layout has a big picture of the iPhone 5 at the top of the page and all the related articles and below.  The right column has the related accessories that link to the store.  The layout feels a lot like a blog.  It is easy to get into an article, because you can click on either the title or the picture associated with the article.  At the bottom of the page is a brief recap of the articles to easily access from that single spot.

3 comments:

Shirley S Page said...

It's good to know that there is a sight that is so exciting to find out about Apple products such as the iPhone5. I'm just getting involved with Apple products myself. Thanks for the info.

Megan said...

That should be an interesting topic. The site is nice and looks very helpful.

Branden said...

I was about to do an Apple related topic as well, but I went with something else because I figured that a few people in class would already be doing it. I'm glad somebody in our group is doing it so I can indulge and enjoy it.

What strikes me about your chosen site (along with nearly every Apple related site) is how clean it is. No surprise there, since I think most Apple sites try to reflect the design and aesthetic of the products themselves.

What I found interesting about your site was how at the very top it had links to 'Android' 'Blackberry' and other products/platforms that could be considered direct competitors of Apple. I didn't want to spend time checking out the origins of imore.com, but it made me wonder if it was just a general fan site, or part of a larger tech family of web pages.

Post a Comment

 

Team Two Totality © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner