Monday, September 17, 2012

Arrested Development

I've had a minor obsession with Arrested Development since the second season began in 2004. This obsession never disappeared, and it has intensified the announcement that new episodes were being filmed. Since we're supposed to be focusing on something we like and won't mind spending the semester studying, I thought Arrested Development would be perfect.

The website I chose, the Arrested Development Wiki, is a 400-plus page wiki devoted to the show. The wiki has many internal links to pages about characters, products, episodes, and locations, as well as a page devoted to fansite links. Many of articles cite outside sources, like Huffington Post and other news sites.

Links are a muted orangey-brown and stand out from the white background and black text, but fit with the color scheme of the site (and the show).  Links are placed within body text, below body text as sources, and attached to pictures, encouraging users to explore and learn more.

The frequency and variety of links should lead readers to be interested in looking at more information about the show, and because it is an Arrested Development wiki, chances are readers are already interested.




3 comments:

Shirley S Page said...

I've never heard of Arrested Developement. After reading your post, I want to check it out.

Unknown said...

This is going to be awesome! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Shirley S Page said...

So I went the site using the cool link you included in you post and it is totally awesome. I'm going to see if it is on NetFlix yet so I can see it.

Post a Comment

 

Team Two Totality © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner