Monday, November 5, 2012

Web Pages for Bullying

So being sick all last week has put me seriously behind so this might be kinda skimpy.

Home

My home page will give a brief introduction to bullying and an overview of the Manovich concepts used throughout the site.  Again, I don't have my book with me so please refer to my last post for an idea of what this will look like.  I will be more specific than I was in the last post however.

Memes and Videos

This page will include several memes, video memes, and anti-bullying videos.  I will also embed the movie cyberbu//y.  I will discuss how each of these either effect cyber-bullying, bullying in general and those involved.  I will also discuss the Manovich concepts discussed in the posts on memes and videos: compositing, montage, transcoding, and etc.  This page may get to be two pages rather than one page.

Links

This page will include a brief summary of some really good anti-bullying sites along with the links to those cites.  I will discuss Manovich's hyperlinking, interfacing, and other related topics.

Anti-Bullying Legislation

This page will include a discussion of current cyber-bullying laws as well as links to Utah State Code on bullying and school policies and other sites that I researched for other classes.  I will include Manovich as I discuss how cyber-bullying has become an issue mostly because of the internet and our uses of it.

I'm still working out any other pages I may want to include on my site.  I'll see what happens the closer I get to finishing it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley, I'm sorry you were sick! Hopefully now that it's been a few days you're feeling better. It seems like you have a good vision of what you want to do and how it's going to be structured. This page is going to be awesome, the more anti-bullying sites on the web the better! One suggestion I have is already something you mentioned about doing too, and that is to split up the Memes and Videos. I believe Dr. Pepper wants us to have 5 pages total, so just splitting that section into two would take care of that for you.

Branden said...

Shirley! Glad you're back in action. You were a little skimpy on info here, no doubt, but I think you still have a good understanding of Manovich and how to apply his stuff to your page.

I agree, splitting that section will be helpful. Think about it... Memes and videos obviously have a lot in common, but there are also a lot of differences between them. Especially when it comes to bullying. Some of those videos you posted were very powerful and I'm sure you could say a lot about them on their own page.

Shirley S Page said...

I agree. They get to be split.

Post a Comment

 

Team Two Totality © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner